Ambassador visits Japanese prefectures to seek investment cooperation
News Type: Expo News
Tokyo (VNA) - Vietnamese Ambassador to Japan Nguyen Quoc Cuong has paid visits to the Japanese prefectures of Okayama, Tottori, and Shimane in Shikoku region to seek investment cooperation with Japanese businesses.
While meeting local enterprises, Ambassador Cuong underlined the message of Prime Minister Nguyen Xuan Phuc delivered during his visit to Japan in June that it is time for businesses and localities of the two counties to boost cooperation and foster win-win ties in the next five or 10 years.
Governor of Okayama Ibaragi Ryuta said Vietnam is receiving the most attention from the prefecture’s businesses to study investment opportunities with 122 firms, compared to 72 in China, 57 in Thailand and 56 in Indonesia.
With a population of nearly two million people and gross domestic product (GDP) of about 70 billion USD, Okayama is developing hi-tech industry, agriculture and tourism.
Meanwhile Tottori Governor Hirai Shinji said many local businesses are eying Vietnam. He wants to introduce local businesses with advanced technologies to Vietnamese hi-tech special economic zones.
Whereas, Shimane prefecture is home to many small-and medium-sized enterprises in machinery manufacturing, electronic spare parts production, food processing, and agro-fisheries.
Japanese enterprises said they were interested in the tax and custom system and the opening of representative offices and bonded warehouses in Vietnam, and hoped to expand investment in the Southeast Asian country in the coming time.-VNA
- Vietnam’s industrial production expands 11.2 pct in 8 months 2018-09-07
- Plastic products exports up 20% 2018-08-03
- Rubber businesses need sustainable development strategies: workshop 2018-07-20
- As plastic sector booms, Vietnamese firms are easy prey 2018-07-06
- Vietnamese join hands with foreign plastics companies 2018-06-29
- Plastics recycling needs policy overhaul 2018-06-21
- Thai, Japanese, South Korean investors buy Vietnamese plastics companies 2018-06-15
- Experts: Vietnam-Australia trade set to grow 2018-06-07
- Vietnam rolls out carpet for Japanese investment 2018-05-31